At TAG, we mainly supply edge cutting dies and their accessories to the graphics industry, cardboard box manufacturers and plastic injection moulders in general. We develop the entire process at our installations; from the initial design to manufacture of the product using ground-breaking technologies to ensure guaranteed superior quality in the shortest possible lead time.
Our articles are well known in the market for the excellent standards of productivity they provide to our customers.
Ever since it was constituted in the late 80s, TAG has grown and adapted to evolution thanks to continuous innovation. Our company has seen several changes over the years; larger premises, laser cutting to replace saws, automatic folding machines instead of manual, and many other new features. However, at TAG we work hard to keep sight of the values that have accompanied us down through the years: keeping in close touch with our customers and a liking for things well done, for quality.
- Foundation of the company by Juan Ramon Lasa, a visionary who created the first cutting die factory capable of competing locally in quality and lead times. Its customers were mainly local printing houses and cardboard box-makers.
- Despite the unfavourable national economic situation, business grew, with a continually growing area of influence and inroads to the French market.
The founder died and his position was taken up by the current manager, Marian Sierra Hernández.
Investment in the first laser-cutting machine, thereby automating the wood cutting process and increasing production capacity at TAG. The technology was such a success that it wasn’t long before other machines of the same kind were introduced.
- The factory moved into its present premises and its facilities were expanded.
- Despite the difficult times faced by the company, its excellent administration by the new management and its decision to invest in new technologies kept it afloat in those early years and prompted its strong growth in those that followed, entering the corrugated cardboard sector and expanding to other parts of Spain to compete with local businesses.
- Investment in the first automatic steel rule bender, automating the assembly process and increasing production capacity at TAG. The technology was such a success that it wasn’t long before other machines of the same kind were introduced.
- Introduction of the first Pertinax milling machine; we were pioneers in offering this product.
Introduction of the first automatic rubber cutting machine, which not only improved this stage but meant that the cutting die manufacturing process was now fully automatic. The technology was such a success that it wasn’t long before other machines of the same kind were introduced.
- The company took steps to gain a stronger position throughout Spain as the leading reference in quality cutting die manufacturing, earning it a position among the most important groups in the country.
- The company decided to diversify its business activities and to expand its presence in international markets. It opened premises abroad and started supplying customers in other continents.
- Introduction of the ERP management system to become a pioneer in controlling all phases of the cutting die manufacturing process: administration, quality, design and production.
- Development of the TOP PRODUCT RANGE, a huge success with customers who look for better productivity and yield.
- • Quality.
- • Fast response.
- • Desire to improve.
- • Proximity with customers and their needs.
- • Technical rigor.
- • Confidence.
- • Innovation.
- • Collaboration.